Monday, July 31, 2017

Summer Punch (AKA my Christmas Punch)

I have probably posted this before on my blog somewhere but will share again because it is worth it!
We usually try to make it up 3-5 days before when it will be served.  We put the batches in gallon size bags and freeze.  I have been making this since back in the early 2000's and is all I serve on Christmas Eve.  Also I have only used the cherry but they say you can use other flavors. It is a slush punch.

1 3 0z. cherry gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 46 oz. can unsweetened pineapple juice
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 cups cold water


2 quarts ginger ale chilled when serving.

Dissolve gelatin into 1 cup boiling water.  Add pineapple juice, sugar, cold water and stir well.  Freeze.

Set out 2 hours before serving.  Break into chunks. Pour ginger ale over it. Sometimes I get it out when ready to use and have to use a knife to break it up.

For about 19 people I do 3 batches and that is using red solo cups.  If any is left over people like to drink it, 

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Love the idea of a slush punch.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

It sounds delicious. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for posting the recipe. --Andrea

Lucie said...

Must have a lovely color! thanks :)

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Oh this does sound delicious!
This year of all years, I should be thinking early about Christmas!
Please drop by and say hello!
ஐღLaura ღஐ
Harvest Lane Cottage
...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
on a short shoestring budget!
~~~~~

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...