Friday, July 14, 2017

Bath Bundles

1 cup Epsom Salt
1 teaspoon essential oil, such as lavender or peppermint or scent of your choice
2 drops of food coloring, color to match your scent (if you don't want to use food coloring you can buy colors in the department for homemade soaps)

Grind up the Epsom salt in a food processor until salts resemble a fine powder.  In a bowl, mix salts, oil and food coloring until completely blended.  Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet and let dry overnight.  Divide into 4 plastic bags.

Wrap a bag in a terry cloth washcloth and drop it up and tie with a ribbon.

Use 1 bag per bath.



Years ago I use to make bath salts and put them in quart jars.  I made rose, and a rain one.  It called for glycerin also but I have misplaced the recipe.  People loved them.

2 comments:

Lucie said...

I've bought some Epsom salt but have yet to use them.

Pamela said...

A new approach to Calgon, take me away!

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...