Saturday, July 26, 2014

Apple-Spice Simmering Potpourri

I love to have potpourri simmering on the stove for the holidays.  I have misplaced my favorite one but I do like this one too.

1 apple
1 orange
4 cinnamon sticks
4 bay leaves
8 whole cloves
Cut orange and apple into 1/4" slices.  Add half of all ingredients to 2 to 3 cups of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer.  Refresh aroma by adding water and remaining ingredients as needed.


To present as a gift wrap each ingredient in plastic wrap or tulle.   Place all ingredients in a gift box lined with tissue paper or tuck inside a fabric bag made with holiday print.  Tie on a gift tag with instructions.

No comments:

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...