Thursday, July 23, 2020

Recycling Christmas Cards

There are so many creative ways out there to reuse the cards we receive in the mail.  I will name a few that I have did and some I have just seen.

The front can always be removed and framed in a picture frame

Remove the front and if clean on the back (no letter on it) can be used for postcard.

Remove front and if clean on the back can be used for invitations if having a cookie swap party, craft night or any other type of party.

Can cut the picture out, to fit inside a Miracle Whip lid and decorate it.  I have one that my son did in grade school and its a picture of a deer and they put batting in it to look like deer standing on snow.  Use eyelet or lace around the edge.  ( I would mica snow on it to look more shiny)  Actually on the one he did they put 2 lids back to back and glued a doily in between to look like lace and put a piece of yarn also in between for a hanger. The same picture of deer in both lids.  Make sense?

My grandma would take them and cut out a picture in a circle and then punch small holes and crochet around the edge with the thread and make an ornament.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

All good suggestions!

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...