Monday, July 2, 2018

Wish Box

Several years ago I had a decorative box (red and white striped) that I kept out all year and people would write down something that they wanted when they thought of it or as I heard somebody mention something I would write it on a slip with name and put it in there.  Then when time to buy stuff I would go through and see.  Granted hubby didn't do it so I had to listen for him to mention----that would be when he was doing something and hed say I need to buy whatever to do this.

I pick stuff up all year for Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers--but come July I really start trying to get a couple things here and there for gifts, stockings and also baking/candy making items when I go to town.  Or if I give gift cards I get one here and there and items for game prizes I always look for.




4 comments:

Pamela said...

That's a great idea, sort of a physical version of the Amazon.com Wish List. I know, I have to follow Vic around at Home Depot or Lowe's to make notes of things he looks at longer than others so that I have them as gift ideas.

Vicki said...

What a brilliant idea! I'm definitely going to start that with my family.

Luludou said...

That is one of the best ideas I've heard!

Diedra said...

Excellent idea.

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...