Friday, July 20, 2018

School Supply Sales

This year for our charity we are doing the Christmas Shoeboxes.  Right now the school supplies are out and on sale so I am picking up several items to put into the boxes.  Need to get some water bottles yet too.

Could also pick up items and donate to a church for Sunday School classes, to schools who could always use extra supplies since their money is short. (also could send Puffs, lysol wipes, and craft items). 

One year for Christmas I got a tote and filled it with supplies for my 2 nieces and nephew for crafts.  Made sure I got 3 of some stuff and then like construction paper, pom poms, pipecleaners, copy paper and etc..  They loved it.


2 comments:

Pamela said...

I saw a post somewhere about a beloved teacher who had passed away and she asked that anyone attending her funeral bring a backpack filled with school supplies. It looked beautiful to see them lined up at the ends of each pew. Such a blessing to those children of families who have a limited income or to donate to foster care organizations or shelters.

Mrs.T said...

I have done "art boxes" for each of my grandchildren as they became old enough. I personalized a plastic shoe box and filled it with all kinds of art and school supplies, plus stickers, etc. The kids have really enjoyed these and the boxes keep everything corralled.

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...