Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Christmas Yard Decorations

When I was younger I remember my dad in the summer time when we'd be in bed looking out the windows and seeing dad with a projector and tracing a picture on plywood.  He would cut it out and paint it and it would be Christmas decorations.  He did several over the years and LOVED decorating the yard for Christmas.

I remember Charlie Brown and friends, Santa in a rocket ship, candy canes, trees, reindeer, presents and etc..

We keep thinking we will get time to do some in the summer months but.....lets get real---never any time.  I buy color books with pictures I like of things thinking we will get to it.

Guess my daddy instilled the Love of Christmas in me!!!!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Our neighbor in Belgium was very good with woodworking and had an amazing display every year. He had Santa in a rocket ship and he put it up on his roof.

Vicki said...

That is so cool!

Luludou said...

Those homemade decorations are the best ones.

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...