Monday, July 16, 2018

Any old quilts or clothes

If you have any old quilts that are in rough shape--- I have made ornaments out of them.  I traced around a cookie cutter, I used a mitten, stocking and heart and then used a straight running stitch along the edge with floss and made the hanger.  A blanket stitch would do on the edges too.

Could also use old clothing and stuff alittle.

When my grandparents died, we found old quilts in a trunk outside and they were half gone so I washed and made some for all us grandkids.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

What a great idea!

Mrs.T said...

That is a great idea!

Luludou said...

wonderful souvenirs when associated with someone you love

Pamela said...

This is a great idea - not only do you have special, handmade ornaments, they are also from a favorite dress or outfit worn by your child or grandchild and a great way to remember them at a certain age.

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...