Sunday, July 1, 2018

It is time to think about Christmas!

It is July 1st and with many means Christmas in July!

I think of Christmas always---when I see recipes, games to try, shopping for gifts and stocking stuffers.

This month I would like to think about decorating the yard.  We use to go ALL out and then got away from it when my hubby was down some but really hoping to get back to it.

What ideals would you like to try this year?  Inside, outside, meal wise, gift giving, games, charities etc..

Last year we also did Christmas bingo.  Have also let people draw a card when they came in and then had a card on a gift and they received it.  I normally mark a plate or cup and then they get a gift card.  Last year I put a scratcher ticket on the bottom of each plate and the one without got a gift card to Hobby Lobby.  (I keep the gift cards at $10)  I would like to get some different ideals this year.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!!!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Those are all great ideas for games and prizes. We have never really decorated that much outside - it's tough when we move every two or three years - what works in one yard might not work in the next. I am looking forward to thinking about decorating the yard in our next home because it's the forever home! We just have to find it and then we'll think about what we'll put in it. I'm not much of a blow-ups fan but I'd love a family of reindeer with the white lights.

Mrs.T said...

We don't decorate much outside -- usually a wreath or two, and we do have colored lights on a little fir tree in the yard. Yes, as Pamela said, those twig reindeer with the white lights are nice. Our neighbors have a set of those.

Vicki said...

I really like your idea of putting something on the bottom of the plates... I may try that!

Luludou said...

We don't decorate outside much either... too windy and awful temperatures. However I would like to do a little more.
I love all your game ideas.
Thanks for CIJ!

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...