Tuesday, July 23, 2019

E-Bay

I know there is alot of opinions on giving used items for gifts.  BUT...if you have a reader in the family you can get books like new for hardly anything.  I got the 3 books that Susan Branch wrote (about her life before getting started to the present), cookbooks like new--Pioneer Woman and etc..

Also if you have anybody that collects vintage items----tablecloths (holiday or everyday), Christmas ornaments or whatever the collection is you can find deals at times on e-bay.  Years ago I got into darners. 

Fabric for sewers you can buy scraps,

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Totally agree. Years ago, I started to collect the Waterford Crystal 12 Days of Christmas ornaments, it was an annual ornament. I only got to Day Four and put them away, never hanging them on the tree for fear I'd break one. When money was a little tight, I thought I'd put them up on Ebay, individually, and one of them sold for over $200 (I probably paid $25 or $35 new). The gentleman who bought the ornament sent me a thank you note with this story: His father bought the set, one each year, for his mother. After his father died, his mother broke one of the ornaments and was just heartbroken. He was thrilled to find my auction and said he would have paid anything to get it for his mother. He was in a bidding war with several other bidders but he won and I am so glad that he was able to give it to his mother to complete her set.

So, definitely, if you can find a one of a kind item that would be almost impossible to find anywhere else, Ebay is a great source.

Luludou said...

I rarely go on EBAY, but I'll go take a look.

Trent Riley said...

You're the best

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...