Sunday, July 14, 2019

Cinnamon Candy

Been years since I did it.  Another one of the recipes where you like something or don't.

3 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup white syrup
1 cup water
1/4 oz. cinnamon oil
1/4 tsp. red food coloring

Put first 3 ingredients into a 4 qt. saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture turns clear.  Turn heat on high, not stirring, until it reaches 310 on candy thermometer.  Take off heat and add cinnamon oil and food coloring.  Be careful not to breathe fumes, and pour onto cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and powdered sugar.  Cool and crack into pieces.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Does this have a strong cinnamon flavor? It sounds good.

happeningswithLana said...

Vicki, seems I use to add just alittle more but the people I made it for LOVED cinnamon. As I said as been years since I made it.

Luludou said...

Cinnamon, is not my favorie so will skip this one. Thanks Lana

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...