Saturday, April 6, 2013

My sewing room



I am using my daughters bedroom as a sewing room. She married in May 2011 and I decided to claim it. I left the paint like she had it. I like bright colors. Have to paint the rocker white yet and put up some framed pictures of parts of my grandmas quilts. The couple of sewing baskets you can barely see are my grandmas. Have my great grandmas under the orange scarf on the table.  The box by the rocker is the one grandpa first made grandma when they got married, 1932. He just had a pocketknife to use to crave the handle.  It is blue and a butterfly painted on it.  Might get a cutting table yet--not sure.  I also think the white container at the end of the bed will go into the craft room because only the top 2 drawers hold thread or sewing related items.  I cannot find mini orange or yellow bins.

4 comments:

teachermomof2 said...

Looks great Lana!

Diedra said...

This is so nice for you. The sewing boxes are wonderful. So glad you have them.

Rhonda said...

Hi Lana, looks like a fun place to do some creating.
Thank you for the sweet Easter card. I have a pile of selveges for you and need to cut some more.

The Old Parsonage said...

Love the colorful inspiration and family connection.

Leann

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...