Monday, January 19, 2009

I tried this recipe today and DH and DS said it was good! So..... Had a Banana Bread I made with the Christmas trays that everybody liked real well using cream cheese and cinnamon. The guys told me to keep these 2 recipes and don't try anymore.

Banana Pudding Banana Nut Bread
1 (18 oz) box yellow cake mix (I used a banana cake mix)
1 large package instant banana pudding (I only had the small so used it)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed
4 eggs
1 cup chopped pecans (I do mine pretty little)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix all the ingredients well
Pour into 2 large or 4 small greased loaf pans
Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes
Check for doneness

They said it was full of flavor so I think with the banana cake mix the small box of pudding was enough. It did not rise very tall.


The one I made to give out with cookie trays is this one:

Nutty Banana Bread
1/2 cup butter softened
8 0z package cream cheese softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup bananas mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons brown sugar packed
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Cream together butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl, gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in mashed bananas and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and baking soda, mix until just moist. In a small bowl,combine pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon . Divide half the banana batter between 2 greased and floured 8x4 loaf pans, sprinkle pecan mixture over batter. Pour remaining batter over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Makes 2 loaves.

When making this recipe, I usually mix the pecan mixture in with the batter and have it throughout the bread.

This is from a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love banana nut bread. I am going to try the one with the cake mix, sounds really good.

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...