Saturday, April 4, 2009


My husband and son LOVE chocolate chip cookies. My daughter does not like nuts in things--normally. In early winter I found this recipe listed on Vicki Franks site "Uncommon Artistic Endeavors". This is a batch that I made up today. I usually get over 8 dozen from the recipe. The guys really like these.

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/3 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
12 oz semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans

Heat oven to 375. Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat on low until blended.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture and beat until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
Drop by tablespoons of dough about 2" apart onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 for 9-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Yield: about 5 dozen

No comments:

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...