Friday, December 10, 2010

Slow Cooker Creamy Potatoes

This recipe I got from my friend Julie. Her blog is in my side bar "The Harwards'". She has so many GREAT recipes and pictures of her area and her beautiful family. I am so glad I found her blog.

Slow Cooker Creamy Potatoes

Thinly slice 8-10 potatoes into a slow cooker. Sprinkles over potatoes 1/2 of a sliced onion, salt and pepper.
In a bowl mix:
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 ounce package of cream cheese softened
1 can cream of chicken soup ( I have used cream of mushroom)
1 envelope dry Italian Salad Dressing (or Ranch~~different taste with each. I like the Italian)
1 cup milk
Mix this up and pour over potatoes. Sprinkle the top with paprika if desired. Put lid on, cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours. My crockpot takes about 3 hours on high.

I have taken it to a few potlucks and like Julie said, it always goes over well and people ask for the recipe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds good.

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...