Sunday, September 24, 2017

Good Apple Kuchen

I ran across this recipe yesterday a.m. in my Aunt Bee's Dessert Cookbook. 
I made it yesterday afternoon.

Good Apple Kuchen
3/4 cup margarine
1 box yellow cake mix
1 20-ounce can apple pie filling  (I used 2 because 1 only covered about half of cake)
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sour cream
2 egg yolks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cut margarine into dry cake mix until crumbly.  Pat mixture into an ungreased 13X9" pan, building sides up slightly.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Arrange pie filling on warm crust.  Mix sugar and cinnamon sprinkle on apples.  Blend sour cream and egg yolks, drizzle over.  Bake for 25 minutes.
Serves 12-15

3 comments:

Pamela said...

That sounds delicious - I love anything with baked apples.

Diedra said...

Sounds good.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I have this cookbook but haven't looked through it in a very long time. This recipe sounds so good! Thank you for the reminder!

Chili-ghetti

Ran across this from a 2019 Simple & Delicious issue earlier this week.  Trying another recipe as I am typing this.  It is Apples & ...